Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Avoiding the Cafeteria and Lunchtime Advances

I know there are many reasons why I should bring my lunch to work.  Its cheaper, for the most part healthier and I'm less likely to over eat.  I have a new reason to make bringing my lunch a better option, it will avoid the possibility of getting picked up at the salad bar.  I debated bringing in some leftovers for lunch this morning (yes I cook, as well as bake and am very flexible, pretty much the total package right here), but then decided against it since I would also be eating said leftovers for dinner tonight.  Around 12:15 I made my way over to the cafeteria, I thought about potentially going someplace else for lunch but since it is raining/ snowing/wintry mixing today I figured staying inside was my best option.  I was checking out the limited options and had pretty much decided on the salad bar (although it's probably the worst salad bar ever) when I realize a guy who is getting some dressing is trying to talk to me.  I've seen this guy many times before and he actually had just "formally" introduced himself to me yesterday by the microwaves (so romantic).  He questioned me on not bringing my lunch, thanks for pointing that out buddy, and then asked me if I would have lunch with him.  I lied and said I really needed to get back to my office since I was having such a busy day, clearly it's so busy that I'm currently typing this blog post at my desk.  He then asked if we could have lunch another time, I replied that I had lunch plans for the reminder of the week.  This statement is almost true as I am booked for Wednesday and Thursday this week.  So then he says well maybe we'll just have to have dinner then instead.  What??  How does me denying your lunch advances make it seem like a good time to ask me out on a date???  I put together my salad and tried to get out of there as quick as I could, not without almost running over this dude on my way to the cashier.  Looks like I'll be avoiding the cafeteria like the plague for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment