Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Throw Away Your Shorts

I know that I can be quite opinioated on what is appropriate behavior for guys.  I have a friend who is much more easy-going and optimistic about dating.  I try to take some clues from her and be more open minded and less judgemental when it comes to finding a suitable guy to date.  She had a train wreck of a date and when she told me about it I legitimately started hyperventilating.  Some things can be overlooked or chalked up to nerves, but this was just ridiculous.  Here's how things went down.  First she informed me that he was wearing shorts on this second date, in which she said I told you he wore shorts on the first date as well.  I responded absoltutely not as I would have told you to not go out with him again.  I know I may take some shit on this one but I can back up my argument here.  For all the guys who don't know this, when a girl has a date she spends probably a good portion of the day thinking about what she is going to wear.  There are probably multiple outfit options that she will try on, ask her friends about even potentially take pictures of.  No one expects guys to go through this much trouble picking out an outfit, but I would expect more than picking up a pair of cargo shorts, throwing on a shirt (that you don't tuck in) and a pair of sneakers ( if it were mandels i would have seriously had a heart attack.)  I just think it shows a lack of thoughtfulness.  As a guy, you should know, that a girl is going to pick out an outfit, think about accessories, wear some makeup among other things.  A 35 year old man should know how to put on a pair of jeans (with a belt), pick out a decent shirt to tuck in and a pair of shoes.  I don't think this is a lot to ask.  I know that it is the summer time and it's hot out but we all make sacrifices.  Sometimes I have to wear a belt with a dress when it would be much more comfortable to not wear a belt, but such is life.  So back to the date, Like I said I would not have given this person date #2 but said friend is nicer than myself so she said what the hell I'll give him a chance.  Homeboy asks her out immediately again and picks a place.  Pretty much right away she finds out that this is a place that he used to frequent with his very recent ex-girlfriend.  He also proceeds to talk about the ex for a good portion of the date.  I understand that break-ups are hard and especially fresh out of a breakup you are still thinking about that person and potentially comparing your new date to your ex but keep it to yourself!  There are more reasons why this date went bad but I dont even have the energy to go into it, and wasn't this bad enough? My point is simple, don't wear shorts on a date, put on a pair of pants and iron a shirt, please and thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment