Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Did he just call me a piece of underwear?

I take a lot of public transportation, I commute to work via the bus, take the T to my yoga class and then on the way home from yoga I have to (gasp!) take the T AND the bus. Although it sounds like a pain in the ass, for the most part they are not bad trips and the bus and T are relatively on time. My main issue on these lovely trips are my fellow passengers. I have come across quite a few of the "don't know how to use my inside voice" people lately. Last night I was treated to a new friend while I was waiting for the bus home and on the entire bus ride home. I call him my friend because I heard his entire phone conversation the whole time. The person on the other end of the line was named "bro" and he also had a lot to say about his "boys". I understand that some people like to use their commute time to make phone calls but no one else cares what you have to say so why don't you lower your voice! I'd like to bet that Bro didn't really care what he had to say either. You may think that I was over reacting, since in general I don't like people, but I did exchange one of those "can you freakin' believe this?" looks with the girl next to me so I know I'm not crazy. Moral of the story, please make your phone calls at home or keep your voice down, bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment